St John's College Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is the governing body of the school. The Constitution of the Board is determined by the Ministry of Education and is made up of the following:
- Five elected Parent representatives
- Four Proprietor representatives
- The Principal
- A Staff representative
- A Student representative
What the Board of Trustees does
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall direction and supervision of all matters in the College.
A major focus of the board is the strategic direction of the College, with an emphasis on sustaining and improving the excellent standards of teaching and learning.
The Board of Trustees is not involved in the day-to-day running of the school. However, there are appropriate systems in place to ensure, in conjunction with the Diocese of Hamilton, that the Marist Catholic Character of the College is preserved.
The Board of Trustees ensure that:
- Goals, plans and budgets are approved and reviewed
- Student achievement and outcomes are constantly monitored and reported
- All students are able to achieve their personal best
- There is compliance with laws that effect the school
- Significant risks are identified, eliminated or reduced
- Proper accounting and auditing practices are in place
- Annual reports and financial statements are prepared
- General maintenance of the school is carried out
- Management is carried out in a professional and competent manner
We are fortunate at St John's College that excellent relationships exist between the Principal, the Diocese of Hamilton and the Board of Trustees. This ensures the smooth running of a very successful College.
Current members of the Board of Trustees are:
- Chairperson: Brendan Lally – Proprietor representative
- Deputy Chair: Julian Jaques – Proprietor representative
- Secretary: Erin Andersen – Parent representative
- Paul Flanagan – Proprietor representative
- Angela McWilliam - Proprietor representative
- Julian Jaques – Parent representative
- Pat Coles – Parent representative
- Andrew Whelan – Parent representative
- Monique Reymer - Parent representative
- Shane Tong – Principal
- Wayne McNamara – Staff representative
- Dylan Ryan - Student representataive
Mrs Celia Jowsey is Minute Secretary to the Board.
If you would like further information about the Board of Trustees, please phone the College office on (07) 856 7091.