- Hamilton is New Zealand’s fourth largest city with a population of about 150,000.
- It is located 130 kilometres south of Auckland.
- It only takes 90 minutes to reach Hamilton by car from Auckland International Airport.
- Hamilton has its own domestic airport.
- It is the centre of a wealthy farming region called the Waikato.
- Through the centre of the city flows the Waikato River, New Zealand’s longest river.
- It is an education city with the University of Waikato and Wintec.
- A safe and clean city which is easy to get around.
- It is one of the fastest growing cities in New Zealand and an ideal city for international students.